Last Updated: March 08, 2022
2. This policy describes the types of information that we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit https://www.bctax.com and related application program interfaces including all content, functionality and services offered by us (all collectively our “Site”), whether as a guest or a registered user, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing your information.
(a) This policy applies to information that we collect:
(i) on our Site; and
(ii) in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us, or our Site.
(b) This policy does not apply to information collected by:
(i) us offline or through any other means, including on any other Site operated by BC Tax or any third party; or
(ii) any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Site.
B. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on our Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use our Site. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
C. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
1. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
(a) by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, business location address, email address, telephone number, memberships, , or any other identifier by which you may be identified or contacted online or offline; and/or
(b) if you have engaged our services, information you provide us or authorize us to obtain, including but not limited to, your social security number (or EIN), birth date, tax returns and correspondence, financial transactions, banking data, and payment information, including routing numbers, payment card numbers and related information as necessary for us to perform services for you and receive payment from you for those services; and/or
(c) about your internet connection, operating system and version, network type, advertising identifier, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
2. We collect information:
(a) directly from you when you provide it to us;
(b) automatically as you navigate through our Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, network information, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
(c) from third parties, for example, our business partners and service providers that provide data to BC Tax or that you have authorized to provide data to BC Tax.
D. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US.
1. The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
(a) information that you provide by filling in forms, requesting information on our Site or responding to our requests for information so we can provide services to you. This includes information provided at the time you access our Site, engage our services, download information or material, request further services, or pay for services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
(b) records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us or respond to correspondence from us.
(c) your responses to surveys or questionnaires that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
(d) details of activities you carry out through our Site.
(e) your search queries on our Site.
E. INFORMATION WE GATHER VIA AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES.
1. As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to gather certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
(a) details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on our Site.
(b) information about your mobile device or computer, your network or internet connection, including your IP address and advertising identifier, operating system, and browser type.
2. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party Sites or other online services.
3. We may maintain automatically-collected information or associate it with your personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. Collecting this information helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
(a) Understand usage patterns.
(b) Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
(c) Speed up your searches.
(d) Recognize you when you return to our Site.
4. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
(b) Web Beacons. Pages of our Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that may permit BC Tax, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity).
2. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about such activities, an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt-out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see the section titled “CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION” below.
G. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
1. BC Tax, or our service providers, use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
(a) To present our Site and its contents to you.
(b) To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
(c) To perform analytics, machine learning and other technical assessments to improve or expand our services, processing platforms, databases and database management, and customer service offerings.
(d) To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information to us.
(e) To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
(f) To notify you about changes to our Site or any services we offer.
(g) To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
(h) If you have difficulties getting our Site or services to work as desired, to assist us and you in helping to identify the root cause of your problem.
(i) In any other way we may describe at the time you provide the information to us.
(j) For any other purpose with your consent.
H. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
1. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
(a) to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
(b) to contractors, service providers, and other third parties that we use to support our business;
(c) to anyone you have authorized to provide your data to BC Tax;
(d) to a potential buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of BC Tax’s assets which occurs for any reason, in which your personal information held by our Site users might be among the assets transferred;
(e) to fulfill the purpose for which you provide the information to us;
(f) for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information to us; and
(g) with your consent.
3. We may also disclose your personal information:
(a) to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory requirement;
(b) to enforce any agreements between us, including for billing and collection purposes; and
(c) if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of BC Tax, our customers, or others.
I. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
1. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
(b) Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with third parties that are not our affiliates, service providers or agents for promotional purposes, you may opt-out by contacting us at email@example.com.
(c) Promotional Offers from BC Tax. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by BC Tax to promote our services, you may opt-out by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of the email.
If we have sent you an unwanted promotional email, you may click on the “Unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of the email, or forward that unwanted email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to or by BC Tax as a result of BC Tax providing services to you or other transactions.
J. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You may review, change, or delete your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com. We may not be able to accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe doing so would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
K. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information and you may be entitled to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must affirm residency in California and provide a current California address for response. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for response.
L. NON-U.S. RESIDENTS
BC Tax’s Site and its servers are operated in the United States. If you are a resident of a country or jurisdiction outside the United States, please be aware that your personal information will be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you choose to use our Site, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
M. DATA SECURITY
1. We and our service providers have implemented measures designed to help us keep your personal information secure from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or a wireless network is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or from our Site or via email. Any transmission of your personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Site.
2. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If you have passwords or security protocols to access your internet, email and/or wireless network service providers, you are responsible for keeping these passwords confidential, not to share them with anyone and to change them from time to time. We are not responsible for any loss of data, data corruption, or otherwise unauthorized access of your personal information.
N. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA
This Site may contain links to other websites, social media sites, internet and mobile applications. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website or social media site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Site.
P. CONTACT INFORMATION